CBF at Pearlington

I am working this summer as a part-time volunteer for the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and University Baptist Church hurricane recovery efforts in Pearlington, MS. This blog is a place for me to tell stories and post pictures of my experiences there. If you have your own Pearlington story to share, email me: sgerald109 at comcast dot net.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

First Baptist, Mt. Gilead, NC





Meet Caroline, Erin and Mack. They were the only CBF group to actually show up at the Pearlington camp Memorial Day weekend, and there were only three of them, but they worked hard enough for ten groups. Caroline alone worked hard enough for a busload of volunteers. Unfortunately, I did not get many pictures of them because I was trying to be helpful. None of us will soon forget bagging up insulation or sanding sheetrock in the heat and humidity, though. As one person recently put it, we all went on the "Mission Trip Diet," which consists of eating whatever you want and sweating off 40 pounds a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home