CBF at Pearlington

I am working this summer as a part-time volunteer for the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship and University Baptist Church hurricane recovery efforts in Pearlington, MS. This blog is a place for me to tell stories and post pictures of my experiences there. If you have your own Pearlington story to share, email me: sgerald109 at comcast dot net.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Calvary Baptist, Lexington, KY


Calvary brought such an impressive group that I just stood back and watched and took pictures. They had that special rarity among mission groups, people who have both willing hearts and construction experience.

I only took pictures on Monday and Tuesday (the group was staying all week), but I still had too many to post on this blog. So as not to hog them all to myself, I created a Flickr online photo album just for the occasion.

Click here to see Calvary Baptist hard at work.

Pictured above is Vickie Netto and a volunteer from Calvary. Someone who remembers his name, please email me so that I can sneak it in here.

Vickie lost her house in Hurricane Katrina. She is currently living in a FEMA trailer with her two young children and a dog named Princess, after having spent much of the year in a tent. Though the group from Calvary split up and went to several houses, and large number of them were working on Vickie's new house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home